From the NIA Division of Aging Biology
Application due dates are March 8, 2021.
The NIH Common Fund has issued three funding opportunity announcements (FOAs) to support the new Cellular Senescence Network (SenNet) program. The program aims to catalyze the development of a framework for mapping cellular senescence and its associated secretory phenotype at high resolution, and to provide atlases of cellular senescence in multiple tissues across various states of human health, and across the lifespan. In addition, it is expected that the SenNet will provide comprehensive sets of biomarkers describing heterogenous senescent cell states.
In these FOAs, NIH is calling for applications in the following areas:
- Tissue Mapping Centers (U54 – Clinical Trial Not Allowed): RFA RM-21-008
- This opportunity is to support the generation of extensive data from high-content, high-throughput imaging, omics, and other technologies as appropriate, to build, benchmark, standardize, and validate senescent cell maps at high resolution.
- Technology Development and Application (UG3/UH3 – Clinical Trial Not Allowed): RFA RM-21-009
- Consortium Organization and Data Coordinating Center (U24 – Clinical Trial Not Allowed): RFA RM-21-010
- This FOA is to support a Consortium Organization and Data Coordinating Center that will serve as the organizational hub and collect, store, curate, and disseminate all data, metadata, analysis and visualization tools, computational models, and aggregate data generated by the consortium into a searchable database.
Pre-application Webinar: NIH Common Fund staff will host an interactive pre-application webinar to discuss frequently asked questions as well as any other applicant queries on January 22, 2021, from 12:00-1:30 P.M. (EST). A recording of the webinar will not be posted online, but the slides and resultant Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) will be posted on the SenNet webpage. Please direct inquiries to [email protected]. Webinar details are below:
Meeting number: 126 463 3177
Join by video system
Dial [email protected]
You can also dial 188.8.131.52 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Access code: 126 463 3177
Application Due Dates: Applications for each FOA are due March 8, 2021. Additional details about the program will be posted on the SenNet webpage as they become available.
We encourage you to share this email with any interested colleagues.
About the NIH Common Fund: The NIH Common Fund encourages collaboration and supports a series of exceptionally high-impact, trans-NIH programs. Common Fund programs are managed by the Office of Strategic Coordination in the Division of Program Coordination, Planning, and Strategic Initiatives in the NIH Office of the Director in partnership with the NIH Institutes, Centers, and Offices. More information is available at the Common Fund website: https://commonfund.nih.gov.